Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Waiting...

I know I haven't updated this for a while. The primary reason is that there is nothing really new to say. We're still just waiting until September rolls around and we begin the training. I did get a follow up call from the initial meeting; they wanted to make sure we were still interested and schedule our home study. Once I told her we wanted to wait until the training class in September she said she would call me back closer to that time. So we're still on board with this. Kris and I have talked over a lot of details and are trying to decide what is best with our current house, as far as providing a room for another child. We really have plenty of space here (with the exception of NOT having a second bathroom). Kaleb is in a big room by himself, and Livvy is in a much smaller room by herself. Katherine and Abbey are sharing a large room and then Kris and I have our own room as well. So there is no doubt that we will have room enough; we are just trying to figure out what arrangements work out best. If we had a boy come to us, he could easily go in Kaleb's room. If it were a girl, we could put Kaleb and Livvy together, unless there are some sort of local regulations against that. It isn't ideal (why wasn't she a boy??) :-) but it will work and then the small room would be available for our foster child. In a few years we hope to be able to save enough money to move from this location, but we're happy to know that our house would be large enough for at least one more little person.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted you to know that I think you're amazing. I think that it takes a special kind o person to do what you are planning to do.

    ReplyDelete